We are so glad that you are here! Whether you are already a member of our faith community, a resident of Central New York, visiting the area, or just happened to stumble across our website, it is our hope and desire that you will find, in the presence and ministry of our community, a safe place to learn, seek, and grow in your spiritual journey.
We want to inform everyone that we have taken precautions, as much as are within our control, to insure that all feel safe when returning to worship together. We will be following CDC and NY State guidelines as well as NY Conference of SDAs’ recommendations for the safe reopening of our facility.
Below are some of the steps which we need to follow in order to prevent and/or mitigate the spread of the virus in our facility:
- There will be 2 people outside the entrance to the church asking attendees questions prior to entering. This is to determine if anyone is not well or if they have visited any of the hotspot states (these should be quarantining per State mandate). Attendance will be recorded in the event contact tracing is necessary. We recommend that you allow time for this process, and to be seated before start of service at 11:00
- Attendees to maintain at least 6 ft distance from one another, abstaining from hugs and handshakes. Once seated, remain seated
- In respect to fellow believers, a face covering/mask is required upon entering and exiting. Mask not required once seated in the sanctuary, but are recommended. Face masks are to worn when singing.
- Pews have been marked with physical distancing in mind; green tape on back of pew indicates where an individual or family may sit
- Front door to church is the only entrance; side doors only for exiting the building
- The offering plates will not be passed from person to person; the deacons will be the only ones handling them
- The length of the service will be kept to one hour, as much as possible. There will be no access to the SS rooms and the fellowship hall
- Only one person at a time in each of the restrooms (the only exception will be parent and child/children); if waiting to enter restroom, maintain 6 ft distance from one another
- Wash hands with soap & water after using bathroom. Hand sanitizers will be available in other areas of the facility
- The mothers’ room will not be accessible until further notice
- The water fountains will not be available for use; please bring your own water bottle
- No potlucks for the time being
- Disinfecting will be done in all common areas after each service
The pantry is located in the church building
next to Westvale Church,
2515 W. Genesee St., side entrance.
If you have any questions, please contact
In order to protect you and our volunteers,
we're asking that you remain in your vehicle,
and allow us to bring the food out to you.
Resources: Senior Nutritional Line
Any food vulnerable adult can reach out to the Senior Nutritional line at: 315-218-1987
Resources: Child Care Solutions
Any Onondaga County resident experiencing child care issues can contact Child Care Solutions at 315-446-1220.
OUR MISSION: Led by the Holy Spirit, we the family of the Westvale Seventh-Day Adventist Church commit to a growing personal friendship with Jesus Christ, so that we may share the joy of our experience with others in an ever widening circle. We will reflect His love through our union, fellowship, service, and worship!
Welcome to the Westvale Church in Syracuse, NY. We are a Christian community and would love to have you join our family. To learn more about what we believe you can visit our About Us page. Please join us for Bible study, worship, and prayer.
Pastor Seong Cho